The Library was established in 1958 as a separate unit of the EFL University (formerly Central Institute of English and renamed in 1973 as Central Institute of English and Foreign Languages) to provide bibliographical, documentation and information support to the teaching and research programmes of the university. The library moved into its new building in July 1988 and was named as Ramesh Mohan Library after Prof. Ramesh Mohan, former Director of the Institute.
The main objective of the Library is to collect, organize and disseminate information of books, journals, theses and other related documents relevant to the academic and research needs of the University. To realize this objective, the library through a well-defined book acquisition policy procures reading materials, organizes these materials on the shelves, and provides access to these materials through Online Public Access Catalogues (OPAC) placed in the main hall of the library.
The Library has rich collection of materials in the areas of language teaching, linguistics and literature in English and Foreign Languages. The library also has good collection of materials in the fields of Journalism and Mass Communication, Philosophy, Psychology, Religion, Sociology, Arts, Film Studies and History. Library books and other reading materials are adequately secured through installation of 3M Electro-magnetic Security System at the main entrance of the library.
The Library has provided access to seven database under UGC-Infonet Digital Library Consortium and subscribes to several databases.
Photocopy services, reference service, section for disadvantaged students, wi-fi facility and reading hall open round the clock and inter library loan of books are some of the facilities provided by the library to its users. While discharging this responsibility, there is a constant interaction between the users of library and library staff and this work culture is uniqueness of the Ramesh Mohan Library.