Department of Aesthetics and Philosophy
Prof. Syed Abdul Sayeed
Dr. Sreedharan T.
Dr. Santosh. I. Raut
Establishment of the Department
The Department of Aesthetics and Philosophy was set up in 2010
Responsibilities of the Department
• The Department of Aesthetics and Philosophy offers itself
as an interdisciplinary space which endeavours to facilitate engagement with
issues across various disciplines in the Humanities from the perspective of
theoretical structure and conceptual coherence.
• It plays a catalytic role in the cross-fertilisation of ideas from across cognate and even distant disciplines.
• The department offers courses for the B.A English, M.A English programmes
• Promotes research
Programmes/ Courses offered by the Department
• Ph.D. in Aesthetics and Philosophy
• Elective courses to students of MA programme.
• Elective course for the BA Honours students.
• The course “Philosophy of Education” to the M.Ed. and B.Ed. students.