The Internal Quality Assurance Cell was set up to monitor the quality of instruction and research at the University by:
• arranging for periodic assessment of specific academic programmes or projects and for accreditation;
• stimulating the academic environment for promotion of quality of teaching-learning and research;
• encouraging self-evaluation, accountability, autonomy and innovations;
• undertaking quality-related research studies, consultancy and training programmes; and
• collaborating with other stakeholders of higher education for quality evaluation, promotion and sustenance.
• Developing and applying quality benchmarks/parameters for various academic and administrative activities of the institution;
• Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education;
• Arranging for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality-related institutional processes;
• Disseminating information on various quality parameters of higher education;
• Organizing inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes and promotion of quality circles;
• Documenting the various programmes/activities leading to quality improvement;
• Acting as a nodal agency of the Institution for coordinating quality-related activities, including adoption and dissemination of best practices;
• Developing and maintaining an institutional database through MIS for the purpose of maintaining /enhancing the institutional quality;
• Preparing the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) as per guidelines and parameters of NAAC, to be submitted to NAAC.